Wastewater treatment contributes to the circular economy through water reuse and energy generation. It also contributes to environmental and health protection. It is therefore important to have a good wastewater treatment, which allows the maximum amount of water to be reused instead of going to waste.
This project focuses on upgrading water supply, as well as on the construction of the sewerage network and a waste water treatment plant in the municipality of Berane. This will ensure quality and regular water supply. Moreover, it will reduce further contamination of river flows, especially of the Lim river, and increase the number of people connected to the sewerage network. Also, the project contributes to creating a balance in the regional development of Montenegro and creates better conditions for sustainable tourism and economic development of northern Montenegro.
The project financed different works and service contracts related to design, construction and reconstruction of the sewerage network and the wastewater treatment plant, namely:
- “Design and construction of a wastewater treatment plant in the municipality of Berane – Lot 1”;
- “Rehabilitation and construction of the sewerage network in Berane – Lot 2”;
- “Design and construction of the wastewater treatment plant and sewerage system in municipality of Berane – review of the main design and supervision of works” (Lot 1 & Lot 2);
- “Berane water supply system upgrade”;
- “FIDIC Engineer for upgrading the Berane supply system”.