Discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation and gender identity has no place in modern society. Everyone should enjoy the same rights.
This project is focused on human rights of LGBTI people. More specifically, it is aimed at strengthening the capacities of civil society, local communities and public institutions in terms of supporting the process of democratization and promotion of LGBTI human rights. By doing so, the project contributes to the development and consolidation of democracy and the rule of law in general, as well as respect for all human rights and fundamental freedoms in Montenegro.
During its implementation period, this project helps:
- Decrease homophobia/transphobia in local communities with a special focus on disadvantaged areas in Montenegro, as well as increase their capacities and knowledge;
- Creation, adoption and monitoring of implementation of strategic and legal documents regarding quality of life of LGBTI persons;
- Improve safety and security of LGBTI persons through increased capacities of institutions;
- Improve access of LGBTI persons to employment through improved knowledge of situation and increased capacities of LGBTI persons;
- Improve social context surrounding human rights of LGBTI persons in Montenegro.